- Crowd power makes sense of the unfathomable
When it comes to solving global crimes, some of today’s most successful detectives are increasingly ordinary citizens, working in concert to uncloak clues buried deep within the internet.
- DST research collaboration to enhance the design of acoustic materials
Defence has signed a three-year collaboration agreement with universities and industry to develop new acoustic materials for underwater vehicles.
- Case study: EpiFx and EpiDefend
Gaining control over pandemics with predictive modelling.
- Making waves on the quiet: how submarines can avoid detection
Research to study the dynamics of a submarine’s telltale wake and the project has made an important breakthrough.
- Using virtual reality to treat real-world injuries
Biomechanical technology that uses virtual reality can not only help treat injuries, but also prevent them.
- Could robots protect us in the surf?
Multi-vehicle robotics will help solve some of the problems faced by humans doing dirty and dangerous jobs.