The demand for fresh foods, processed foods and food ingredients in Asian markets is projected to double by 2050. This presents a significant opportunity for Australia’s food and agribusiness sector.
Our capabilities in food engineering, food science, digital manufacturing and supply chain innovation deliver sustainable impact to both small and medium-sized enterprises and the larger corporations we work with.
We provide a key competitive advantage by assisting businesses from initial product and process development through to translation and scale-up at factory sites. Such technical innovation can be highly effective in reducing costs, value-adding and building a stronger competitive position in the global market.
Our program helps food manufacturers:
- access food science and engineering skills from a wide range of specialist areas
- identify and implement opportunities for process improvement, innovation and new product development
- develop new or improved ‘clean label’ foods, as well as new protein sources, through formulation, processing and scale-up stages
- apply digital sensing and data analytics to reduce process bottlenecks and optimise supply chain or manufacturing performance
- develop solutions to waste management and sustainability challenges.
The Dairy Innovation Hub is co-funded by Dairy Australia, Lion Dairy & Drinks, Warrnambool Cheese and Butter, Murray Goulburn and Bega Cheese. The Food Value Chain Hub is co-funded by Mondelez.
Subscribe to our industry newsletter for research news and events
Get in touch
We are client-focussed and collaborative – we work side-by-side with your leaders, engineers and scientists to develop solutions to your challenges.
From complex multi-partner research to short consulting projects, talk to us about your needs for:
- Emerging technologies
- Developing technology strategies
- Engineering customised solutions
- Leveraging our state-of-the-art research facilities
Let us help you solve your technology challenges.