These awards aim to recognise and celebrate members who have made a significant impact to the MSE community. If you know a community member who should be recognised for their contributions, nominations are open.
Nominations are now open until 5:00pm Thursday 6 August 2020!
The MSE Community Excellence Awards 2020 will be presented in six categories:
- Student of the Year
- Graduate Research Student of the Year
- Student Club of the Year
- Lecturer of the Year
- Tutor of the Year
- Professional Staff of the Year
Based on online voting, one shortlisted candidate will also win a People’s Choice Award.
- Wednesday 6 May 2020
- 5:00pm Thursday 6 August 2020
- Thursday 13 August 2020
Shortlisted nominees contacted
- Monday 24 August 2020
People’s Choice Awards open
- To be confirmed
Award winners announced
How to nominate
- Nominations must be made using an @unimelb email address.
- Nominations will close at 5:00pm Thursday 6 August 2020.
- Each nomination will go into the draw to receive one of three $50 vouchers. Nominate more candidates for a higher chance to win!
- Step 1. Select a nominee
- Your nominee must be currently enrolled or employed at the University of Melbourne in the Melbourne School of Engineering.
- You may nominate as many people as you like.
- Step 2. Fill out contact details for yourself and your nominee
This is to ensure that your nomination is legitimate and that we can contact your nominee should they be shortlisted for an award.
- Step 3. Answer two questions about your nominee
- To let the judges know why your nominee should win an award, fill out two questions relevant to them. Each response should be 50–200 words long.
- Supporting evidence can also be submitted, however this is optional.
What happens if you get shortlisted?
- Once nominations close on Thursday 6 August, the judges will begin their shortlisting process to select the top three candidates from each award category.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to attend an informal chat with the judges, where the winner will be determined for each award category.
- Shortlisted candidates will be announced online, where voting will begin for the People’s Choice Award. The shortlisted candidate with the most votes will win.
- Dr Airlie Chapman, Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Rachael Brennan, Manager, Academic Programs
- Dr Antonette Mendoza, Senior Lecturer School of Computing and Information Systems
- All nominators or voter of the People’s Choice Award will go in the draw to win one of three $50 vouchers.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate.
- Award winners will receive a $300 voucher and an engraved plaque.
- The student club winner will receive a $300 voucher, engraved trophy and their club name engraved on the MSE Community Excellence Award for Student Club of the Year shield.
Award nomination guidelines
Refer to the Awards Nomination Guidelines for further details regarding the award and nomination process.
Contact the Events Team: