What is the Telstra & Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology Innovation Challenge?
This in-person, fast paced, facilitated Innovation Challenge invites Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT) Masters students and students from other faculties (Melbourne Business School, Science and Design) to solve some of Telstra’s real-life business problems in an interdisciplinary student team.
Teams will be guided through a process to develop a solution to present to a panel of judges. You will be supported by a Telstra representative to ensure you are on track and mentored throughout the challenge.
Get to know Telstra
Telstra Corporation Limited Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and technology company, offering a full range of communications services and competing in all telecommunications markets. The telecommunications industry is experiencing enormous growth; network traffic is growing faster than any other period and digital technology is changing our world. Telstra is at the heart of this change—and are helping make it happen by connecting everything to everyone.
Telstra has invested significantly in a partnership with the University of Melbourne and Melbourne Connect. This collaboration was designed to help current and future students develop the skills, experience and adaptability needed to succeed as Australia’s digital economy accelerates.
Why take part?
The Telstra and FEIT Innovation Challenge provides students with the opportunity to...
Network with Telstra and gain experience from Telstra subject matter experts
Put your theoretical knowledge into practice working on real-life business problems
Be part of a multi-disciplinary team; strengthening relationships across other disciplines
Develop your job readiness and professional development skills and win some great prizes
Be recognised with Melbourne Plus
Melbourne Plus is a new University of Melbourne program and is your opportunity to be recognised for your participation in co-curricular activities!
It is all about rewarding the knowledge, skills and behaviours you develop when participating in these activities. As part of the Telstra Innovation Challenge, you are developing your capability in innovation.
Once you complete your time with the Telstra Innovation Challenge, you will be invited to reflect on your development via a Melbourne Plus LMS Community. After you submit your reflection, you will receive a digital credential that you can share with your network.
As part of participating in this program, you have early access to Melbourne Plus. A wide range of activities will be available in the lead up to the program, when the program is available to all students.
Who can apply?
The 2022 Telstra and Faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) Innovation Challenge will be an in-person event held at Melbourne Connect and is open to students under the following courses:
- Master of Engineering (any specialization)
- Master of Information Systems (any specialization)
- Master of Information Technology (any specialization)
- Graduate students of Melbourne Business School (Master of Management Suite, Master of International Business and selected specialist Masters programs)
- Bachelor of Science (second- or third-year students with an interest in or have selected an Engineering or IT course major)
- Bachelor of Design (second- or third-year students with an interest in or have selected an Engineering or IT course major)
How does it work?
- Students are required to complete an individual Application form via the registration link below
- Applications will be reviewed, and students will be placed into an interdisciplinary team of 4 or 5 (note - you don't need to know other people, you’ll be placed into interdisciplinary teams)
- Students registered to participate in the Innovation Challenge will receive a confirmation email once applications have closed with an invitation to attend a compulsory online briefing session
- On the days of the Innovation Challenge, students will work through a facilitated process and present to a panel of judges on Day 2
- Winners will be announced on the final day
The dates of this event are to be announced
This event will be held over two days. Students who register to participate in the Innovation Challenge will receive a confirmation email once applications have closed with an invitation to attend a compulsory briefing session.
An application link will be provided once dates are confirmed
Any questions about the Innovation Challenge please contact email@example.com