The family of the late Ms Aileen Sinclair has endowed a scholarship to be awarded to a student enrolled in the Master of Engineering. Ms Sinclair was a much-loved member of staff for eight years, working in the Faculty Office and later the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Ms Sinclair died tragically in December 2000. Her family have established this scholarship to continue the support she gave to the students during her time at the University.
The scholarship is open to students within the Melbourne School of Engineering who are:
- studying the Master of Engineering;
- Australian citizens or permanent residents;
- deemed to have financial need and who have experienced disadvantage.
In 2020 this scholarship is valued at $3,684.66 and is awarded in a single payment.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Financial need - as determined by the information provided in your application, including a Financial Assessment Form.
- Disadvantage - as defined by the University's Graduate Access Melbourne Scheme criteria.
- Academic merit - as determined by the results of your previous studies.
2020 applications are now closed.