This scholarship was made possible through a generous bequest from the late Harold Swanton, who was born in 1912 and completed his Bachelor of Civil Engineering at the University of Melbourne in 1937. Mr Swanton was a regular attendee at alumni events and showed an active interest in the Melbourne School of Engineering until he passed away in 2015.
The scholarship is open to students who are:
- In their first semester of any of the following specialised degrees within the Melbourne School of Engineering:
- Master of Energy Systems
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Engineering Structures
- Master of Environmental Engineering
- Experiencing financial hardship
One scholarship is available and is valued at $8,800, to be paid in a single payment.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- The strength of a personal statement outlining your career aspirations and the difference this scholarship support will make to you.
Instructions on how to apply and what to include in your application are outlined in the online application form.
Applications are now open until Wednesday 26 August.