This scholarship was made possible through a generous bequest from the late Harold Swanton, who was born in 1912 and completed his Bachelor of Civil Engineering at the University of Melbourne in 1937. Mr Swanton was a regular attendee at alumni events and showed an active interest in the Melbourne School of Engineering until he passed away in 2015.
The scholarship is open to students who are:
- In their first semester of any of the following specialised degrees within the Melbourne School of Engineering:
- Master of Energy Systems
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Engineering Structures
- Master of Environmental Engineering
- Experiencing financial hardship
One scholarship is available and is valued at $8,800, to be paid in a single payment.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- The strength of a personal statement outlining your career aspirations and the difference this scholarship support will make to you.
2020 applications are now closed.