Attend workshops and online lessons to assist you to build your written and verbal communication skills, whilst developing an ePortfolio.
The Skills Towards Employment Program (STEP) consists of the submission of an ePortfolio demonstrating your written and verbal communication skills. The artefacts in the ePortfolio may come from your academic studies or extracurricular activities. A series of workshops and online lessons are available to assist in developing your communication skills.
- This might be a good opportunity for you if …
- You want to focus on developing your communication skills through your academic studies.
- You engage in extracurricular activities that include writing documents or delivering presentations.
- Completing an internship or volunteer work is not practical for you.
- What is required of me?
The STEP option requires students to submit an ePortfolio demonstrating their written and verbal communication skills. This requires a significant written piece and a technical presentation as well as preparation pieces and improvement plans. The significant written piece and the presentation may come from a student’s studies or extracurricular activities and may be submitted during any semester of study.
- How do I get started?
The first step is to enrol in the STEP community on the LMS. To do this follow these steps:
- Log into the LMS.
- Select the "Communities" tab.
- Search for "STEP".
- Click on the arrow icon next to the community code "com_00631". (Hold the mouse over community code to reveal the icon).
- Click on "Enrol"
- Click "Submit".
- Click "OK"
- Read the STEP guide.
- Who to contact about this option
For further information please contact:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org