Airwallex Excellence in Technology Undergraduate Scholarship
The Airwallex Excellence in Technology Undergraduate Scholarships have been established to support exceptional undergraduate students majoring in Computing and Software Systems.
Airwallex was founded out of a Melbourne cafe by pioneering University of Melbourne alumni; Jack Zhang (2007), Lucy Liu (2010), Max Li (2006), and Xijing Dai (2006). Airwallex has grown to over 1,000 employees around the world and is one of Australia's most successful unicorn businesses. Jack and Airwallex are now supporting the next generation of talented, aspiring and innovative engineers and computer scientists by generously providing high value excellence scholarships.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be enrolled in a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science (Extended), or Bachelor of Design at the University of Melbourne
- be undertaking a Computing and Software Systems major
- have a WAM of at least H1 (80%) in your current degree
- have completed at least 100 credit points but no more than 150 credit points of study in your current course
In 2023, there will be two scholarship rounds. In each round, up to three scholarships each valued at $30,000 are available. This will be paid in biannual installments for a period of two years.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Strength of personal statements addressing:
- your study and career aspirations
- your passion for technology
- your understanding of the work of Airwallex
- the impact the scholarship will have on you
Recipients must be enrolled in at least 25 points each semester and must be considered to be making satisfactory progress for the duration of the scholarship.
Applications are currently closed. Applications for round 2 will open on the 28th July 2023.