Wendy Stops established this scholarship to support a female undergraduate domestic student who intends to undertake a graduate pathway in a technology-related discipline.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, with preference given to students from a rural or regional area of Australia
- be in your first year (2021 start-year intake) of a University of Melbourne undergraduate course with an engineering or IT major or breadth sequence that will lead to a University of Melbourne:
- Master of Information Systems
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Computer Science or
- Master of Engineering (Software); and
- submit a statement addressing your career aspirations and demonstrating disadvantage.
You must commence the relevant Master degree in the next intake following your Bachelor.
A single scholarship of up to $50,000 is available in 2021, to be paid out in $5,000 instalments each semester over five years.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Your statement regarding disadvantage you have experienced
- The strength of your personal statement addressing your interest and study/career ambitions in computer-related technologies, and the impact the scholarship will have
- Whether you have come from a rural or regional area of Australia (preference)
Applications are now open until Tuesday 23 March 2021.
Instructions on how to apply and what to include in your application are outlined in the online application form.