What is VIEWS?
The Victorian Indigenous Engineering Winter School (VIEWS) is an exciting program for Year 10, 11 and 12 Indigenous students from across Australia that will expand your perspective on all things engineering. Over 5 days you will get an insight into what it’s like to study and work in engineering, information technology and tech — and it may not be what you think.
You will have the opportunity to experience first-hand the work of engineers and IT specialists, meet Indigenous engineering professionals and discover pathways into engineering and IT. By the end of the week, you will have an appreciation of what an engineering and IT specialist does and how they can impact society and improve the lives of people across the globe.
Who can attend?
VIEWS is for Year 10, 11 and 12 Indigenous students enrolled in Maths or Science subjects.
This program may be just what you’re looking for if you:
- Enjoy problem-solving and finding practical ways to overcome challenges
- Like taking things apart to find out how they work
- Are interested in the latest technologies
- Want to use your skills to help shape the future
VIEWS 2023 will be delivered on campus, students will be attending from 1 - 8 July 2023.
Applications for 2023 are open until May 2023.
- Industry engagement experience engineering in action
- A day exploring engineering and IT study options at four top universities:
- University of Melbourne
- RMIT University
- Swinburne University
- Monash University
- Taking part in:
- Hands-on workshops that will expand your mind and develop the problem-solving and design skills used every day by engineers
- Activities that provide an insight into the global challenges that engineering can address in areas such as climate change, renewable energy, land and resource management, robotics, technology and medicine
What does it cost?
There is no cost to participate. All expenses are covered; flights, accommodation at University College, food during the camp and university led social nights.
VIEWS gave me insight into different opportunities and into living in Melbourne. I would definitely recommend the program to other Indigenous students, very beneficial!
When is it?
1st to 8th of July 2023
How to apply?
Applications for VIEWS 2023 are now open
Privacy and data collection notice
The information you provide in the application form will be used to administer your enrolment in the Victorian Indigenous Engineering Winter School.
The information collected will be used by authorised staff for the purposes of which it was collected and will be protected against unauthorised access and use.
If you do not provide all the information requested on the application form, it may not be possible to provide a Confirmation of Enrolment for the VIEWS program.
You may access any personal information you have provided to the University by contacting 13 63 52.
VIEWS expanded my understanding of the types of engineering and helped me to decide what I would like to do in the future.
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Google, ARUP, SYPAQ, Qinetiq, Nuffield Group and philanthropic supporter Boeing.
Next: connect with us
Be the first to find out about our events for high school students: