Enjoy working with your hands, to fix or create things? Like to solve problems and stretch your mind? Keen to make the world a better place and address things like climate change?
Whether you want to craft air and space travel of tomorrow, advance MedTech and health outcomes, or code your way to become the next tech billionaire, engineering may be for you!
What is VIEWS?
The Victorian Indigenous Engineering Winter School (VIEWS) is an exciting program for Year 10, 11 and 12 Indigenous students that will expand your perspective on all things engineering. Over six days you will get an insight into what it’s like to study and work in engineering, information technology and tech — and it may not be what you think.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the different pathways available to become an engineer and hear first-hand the inspirational stories of Indigenous engineers and engineering students. By the end of the week you will have an appreciation of what an engineer does and how they can impact society and improve the lives of people across the globe.
Who can attend?
VIEWS is for Year 10, 11 & 12 Indigenous students enrolled in Maths or Science subjects.
This program may be just what you’re looking for if you:
- Enjoy problem solving and finding practical ways to overcome challenges
- Like taking things apart to find out how they work
- Are interested in the latest technologies
- Want to use your skills to help shape the future
- Living on campus at the University of Melbourne
- Industry site visits to companies across Melbourne to experience engineering in action
- A day exploring the campuses and engineering study options at four top universities;
- The University of Melbourne, RMIT University, Swinburne University and Monash University
- Taking part in;
- Hands-on workshops that will expand your mind and develop the problem solving and design skills used every day by engineers
- Activities that provide an insight into the global challenges that engineering can address in areas such as climate change, renewable energy, land and resource management, robotics, technology and medicine
What does it cost?
There is no cost to attend. All expenses are covered including travel to and from Melbourne, meals and accommodation.
When is it?
VIEWS 2021 dates to be confirmed.
Privacy and data
Privacy and data collection notice
Google, John Holland, BP Australia, ARUP, SYPAQ, Honeywell and participants Defence Force Recruiting.