What is VIEWS?
The Victorian Indigenous Engineering Winter School (VIEWS) is an exciting program for Year 10, 11 and 12 Indigenous students from across Australia that will expand your perspective on all things engineering. Over 5 days you will get an insight into what it’s like to study and work in engineering, information technology and tech — and it may not be what you think.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the different pathways available to become an engineer and hear first-hand the inspirational stories of Indigenous engineers and engineering students. By the end of the week, you will have an appreciation of what an engineer does and how they can impact society and improve the lives of people across the globe.
Who can attend?
VIEWS is for Year 10, 11 and 12 Indigenous students enrolled in Maths or Science subjects.
This program may be just what you’re looking for if you:
- Enjoy problem solving and finding practical ways to overcome challenges
- Like taking things apart to find out how they work
- Are interested in the latest technologies
- Want to use your skills to help shape the future
2021 will be a virtual program – tours will be virtual.
We will be sending out hands-on kits for virtual workshops and activities.
- Industry engagement- experience engineering in action
- A day exploring the campuses and engineering study options at four top universities:
- The University of Melbourne
- RMIT University
- Swinburne University
- Monash University
- Taking part in:
- Hands-on workshops that will expand your mind and develop the problem solving and design skills used every day by engineers
- Activities that provide an insight into the global challenges that engineering can address in areas such as climate change, renewable energy, land and resource management, robotics, technology and medicine
What does it cost?
There is no cost to participate. All expenses are covered, including delivery of hands-on learning kits, online programming and help with technology to connect if required.
VIEWS gave me insight into different opportunities and into living in Melbourne. I would definitely recommend the program to other Indigenous students, very beneficial!
When is it?
The program dates are 5–9 July 2021 inclusive, and will be delivered online.
Privacy and data collection notice
The information you provide in the application form will be used to administer your enrolment in the Victorian Indigenous Engineering Winter School.
The information collected will be used by authorised staff for the purposes of which it was collected and will be protected against unauthorised access and use.
If you do not provide all the information requested on the application form, it may not be possible to provide a Confirmation of Enrolment for the VIEWS program.
You may access any personal information you have provided to the University by contacting 13 63 52.
VIEWS expanded my understanding of the types of engineering and helped me to decide what I would like to do in the future.
CYP Design & Construction Consortium, Google, Agilent, BP Australia, Agilent Technologies, ARUP, SYPAQ, KBR, Honeywell and philanthropic supporter Boeing.
Next: connect with us
Be the first to find out about our events for high school students: