Creating trusted partnerships between people and AI systems.
Applications involve knowledge systems where people rely on AI as part of broader operations, this includes assistive technologies such as:
- AI therapists and AI personal assistants
- AI monitoring for OHS
- AI delivery of skills training via simulation
- AI enhanced web search and chatbot dialogue
- AI driven smartphone apps
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing between humans and AI systems
- Emergent interfaces for human-AI interactions
- User modelling
- Explainability of AI systems
- Augmentation of human cognition and interaction
- Virtual and augmented reality
Health, defence, finance, sustainability, education, public spaces, aged care, gaming, workplaces and home life.
Using AI to make your smartphone smarter
Our smartphones are actually not very smart. But Artificial Intelligence can predict when you will reach for your mobile and make the most of your battery life.
The ‘Personality’ in Artificial Intelligence
As artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning continue to impact many human industries, would understanding the ‘personality’ within the algorithm make us trust AI more?