The demand for fresh foods, processed foods and food ingredients in Asian markets is projected to double by 2050. This presents a significant opportunity for Australia’s food and agribusiness sector.
Our capabilities in food engineering, food science, digital manufacturing and supply chain innovation deliver sustainable impact to both small and medium-sized enterprises and the larger corporations we work with.
We provide a key competitive advantage by assisting businesses from initial product and process development through to translation and scale-up at factory sites. Such technical innovation can be highly effective in reducing costs, value-adding and building a stronger competitive position in the global market.
Our program helps food manufacturers:
- Access food science and engineering skills from a wide range of specialist areas
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement, innovation and new product development
- Sevelop new or improved ‘clean label’ foods, as well as new protein sources, through formulation, processing and scale-up stages
- Apply digital sensing and data analytics to reduce process bottlenecks and optimise supply chain or manufacturing performance
- Develop solutions to waste management and sustainability challenges.