- New research hub funding to optimise dairy innovation in Australian industry
A new Dairy Innovation Hub has been jointly announced today by Dairy Innovation Australia Ltd (DIAL) and the University of Melbourne.
- Making milk powder less energy intensive
A new pilot study demonstrates the potential to use a cheese by-product to concentrate skim milk, reducing the energy required in dairy powder production.
- Could crop waste be farming’s Aladdin’s cave?
Chemical engineer and researcher Amanda Ellis says nanotechnology is unlocking the molecular properties of crop waste to give it new life and new value in diverse products and applications.
- How the study of cheese microstructures helps develop better dairy
Have you ever bitten into a delicious slice of pizza and paused to consider how the alignment of proteins impacts the mozzarella’s stretchiness?
- How could soybeans help heal diabetic ulcers?
Making better use of a soybean by-product, and potentially providing higher revenue for farmers.