This scholarship supports male students entering the Master of Chemical Engineering. It is a companion scholarship to the Pearson William Tewksbury Scholarship, which supports female and non-binary students entering the same course.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- Be male*
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Intend to commence the University of Melbourne Master of Chemical Engineering in 2024 (the year following the scholarship application)
- Submit a statement addressing your study/career aspirations and the proposed impact of the scholarship.
*Female and non-binary students can apply for the companion Pearson William Tewksbury Scholarship, which is awarded concurrently.
Two scholarships valued at $20,000 each are available. Each scholarship will be paid in biannual instalments for a period of two years after course commencement.
- Academic merit- determined by your current WAM if still studying, or the final WAM of your most recently completed engineering-related degree course
- A personal statement addressing:
- your interest and study/career ambitions in the chemical engineering discipline
- the proposed impact the scholarship will have
- You must commence the Master of Chemical Engineering degree in either the 2024 start or mid-year intake. If you do not, the scholarship may be revoked.
- The scholarship may be revoked if, during the course of your study, you are classified as making unsatisfactory progress.
Applications are now closed