Melbourne Engineering and Information Technology Indigenous Research Scholarship
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology welcomes Indigenous Australians to complete a Higher Degree (PhD or Master) by Research at the University of Melbourne.
This scholarship includes:
- 100% fee remission
- stipend top-up of 75% taking the total yearly living allowance to ~$54,600 (tax-exempt for full-time study)
- $10,000 yearly travel and professional development allowance and a relocation grant.
Industry PhD Program
Our Industry PhD Program is designed to nurture talent, build innovation capacity and is driven by organisational needs. Candidates work concurrently, while developing expert-level, area specific, industry-leading knowledge in their field of research. This investment in human capital sees organisations develop a competitive advantage, bolstering their service offering and the value they deliver.
Research in Indigenous Knowledge
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology supports excellence and leading research in Indigenous engineering and information technology. Researchers in the Faculty are encouraged to pursue research interests in Indigenous knowledge systems.
Current Research Opportunities
Research in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology spans a vast range of blue-sky discovery and exploration and is complemented by a range of targeted industry-focused innovation and problem-solving programs.
Get in Touch and Learn More
We offer one-on-one and group Research Familiarisation Programs either in-person or by phone.
These free programs will help you to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of what research is all about.
- Discover what research might mean for you and your career opportunities.
- Meet potential supervisors and connect with Australia's most prominent researchers.
- Learn more about the admissions process and entry requirements.
- Create an action plan and hone your research skills.
- Develop your course application.