The Engineering Learning Unit is a research, teaching and support unit that promotes excellence in education throughout the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology.
The Engineering Learning Unit (ELU) was established in 2007 to lead innovation and excellence in engineering education within the Faculty. In 2022, the ELU was absorbed by the the Teaching & Learning Laboratory (TLL), which supports and celebrates teaching and learning in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, and undertakes research and evaluation in engineering and technology education.
For more information about the Teaching & Learning Lab visit https://eng.unimelb.edu.au/tll
The ELU continues to deliver numerous critical activities that focus on teaching and learning within the Faculty:
- mentoring to new academic staff;
- advice and mentoring to staff requiring assistance in teaching;
- coordination of multi-disciplinary subjects such as Fluid Mechanics;
- running the Skills Towards Employment Program (STEP);
- analysis of student survey results;
- School teaching awards;
- professional accreditation preparation.