The MCFP Nanofabrication platform supports University of Melbourne (UoM) researchers accessing the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN) located in Clayton.
The MCN houses the largest research fabrication cleanroom in Australia, with key capabilities in lithography, thin film deposition, etching, design & prototyping and characterisation.
Our Platform Support Officer, Dan Smith, is located at the MCN, and can assist UoM researchers with:
- Experiment design and training plans
- Training on MCN equipment
- MCN access and safety inductions
- Process development and process flow creation
- Platform Support Officer's time is free for all University of Melbourne MCFP partners
To discuss your experiments please contact Dan Smith.
+61 3 9902 4377
Block purchase scheme
The MCFP seeks to assist University of Melbourne researchers in every aspect of accessing the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN).
One initiative is a pre-paid MCN account that is available to UoM researchers. This account provides us with a 30% discount on MCN instrument rates, which we pass on to the UoM users.
To take advantage of this, please include the following details:
- Researcher name
- Supervisor name
- Department code
- Finance officer
A charge out will be made at the end of each month.
- The capabilities at the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN)
- Take a walk through the MCN cleanroom
Electron and Ion Microscopy
High resolution surface imaging and nanoscale milling and patterning
Nano- and micro-scale characterisation of bulk and thin materials, nanoparticles, living cells and tissues
X-ray diffraction (XRD)
X-ray diffraction provides information on the structure of your material.